Tyron Francis' First Build

>> Friday 8 May 2009

"This thing ended up taking forever and costing waaaaaay more than I had thought it would but it has changed my life. Cycling is perhaps the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I hadn't ridden for 15+ years before I built this fixie, I suppose I jumped on the bandwagon in a way cause a few of my buds had them, its hard skating at the same speed as a bike! It was built up from an Apollo Challenger that I found in the paper for £30 (I thought it was ok at the time but after a couple of months came to realise that it was a pile of crap frame, the dropouts starting wearing out, it rattled and was a bit big for me). I bought everything else new. Since these pix were taken 5 months ago I have changed the saddle to a Charge Spoon, the tyres, destroyed the back hub which I've replaced with a System Ex and gone from risers to horns to drops and back to risers."

fixie fixed gear bike parts buy swansea
Apollo Challenger

fixie fixed gear bike parts buy swansea
All the useless bits: gears, brakes, cables etc.

fixie fixed gear bike parts buy swansea
JT getting busy with the angle grinder

fixie fixed gear bike parts buy swansea
Sanding, boooooooooring!

fixie fixed gear bike parts buy swansea
Mach 1 Omega wheel set

fixie fixed gear bike parts buy swansea
Primed, ready for paint

fixie fixed gear bike parts buy swansea
All the bits: chain, tyres, tubes, grips, seatpost, saddle, peddles, clips, bars, 18t

fixie fixed gear bike parts buy swansea
All built up (pretty much) and ready for action

2 comments:

Ozu 12 June 2010 at 13:06  

hye.. i'm very interesting wit fixie..

i'm juz wanna ask u, it's fixie use like a mtb body?

Anonymous 9 November 2013 at 21:18  

Just got myself one of these, needs a bit of work. Was finding the replacement parts difficult to come by?